What is the Liebster Award, you might ask? It is awarded by one person to their ten favorite up and coming blogs (up and coming is defined as a blog with under 200 followers). Furthermore, liebster is German for “dearest.” Just for some context.
I want to thank Jillian from Jillian Paige Blogs for nominating me for this award. I’m honored you picked me and enjoy reading my blog! Thanks girl!
Oh, how does it work? Simple, I have been nominated by Jillian, who has asked me to answer 10 questions.
These are those questions:
1. What book are you reading right now? Give a 1 sentence review. I’m honestly not reading a book right now. The last book I read was Confessions of a Counterfeit Farm Girl. It was a funny account of a woman’s journey from a six figure job in a corner office to a 500 acre beef farm.
2. If you could binge watch any TV show, what would it be? Bones! That is my favorite show hands down. I also really enjoy cooking shows on Food Network (but we don’t have cable).
3. When and why did you start blogging? I started my blog in May 2013. I decided to start blogging for two reasons: 1. to connect with people who had similar interests 2. to be an agvocate, agriculture is so important & there has been so much negative media lately.
4. What would you do with 1 million dollars? Have my dream wedding and build my dream home.
5. Share a quote you live by. “Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today.” Good ol’ James Dean, but seriously it’s good advice.
6. Do you believe in ghosts? Aliens? Why or why not? Hmm, kind of a hard question. I don’t believe in aliens or UFOs. But maybe there could be life outside of earth (like weird bugs or something, I don’t know. Haha). I don’t believe in ghosts but I believe in angels.
7. Where do you see yourself in five years? Ten? Happily married, had some babies, built a new house, own more farm land, oh you know just living the dream.
8. What are your five favorite songs right now? Oh gosh, I don’t know. I’m a fan of any country. Well not Taylor Swift & Carrie Underwood country but you get the point. 🙂
9. What is your favorite color? Pink.
10. Who is your favorite Disney character? I honestly don’t know! I sadly haven’t seen a Disney movie in forever :(.
Now, it is my turn to nominate 10 people. Should these people choose to accept, they must adhere to the following rules:
Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
Answer the 10 questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
Nominate 10 of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination.
Come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
Pretty in the East
Kellie For Ag
Get Fit With Lynds
Blame It All On My Roots
Beef & Sweet Tea
Faith, Farming, & Cowboy Boots
Ranch Wife Life
1. Where did you grow up? In a small town, in a big city, or in the country? On a farm, an acreage, or a downtown apartment?
2. Do you have any pets? If no, did you have any in the past?
3. What is your favorite recipe?
4. One item you can’t live without?
5. Why did you start blogging?
6. What was your first vehicle?
7. What’s your family like? Brothers, sisters? Married? Children?
8. What are your hobbies?
9. Hollywood has decided to film a movie about your life, who did they cast to play you?
10. What do you want to accomplish in your life?
UPDATE (1/26/14): I was also nominated for the Liebster Award by Modern-day Farm Chick. Thanks for the nomination! Be sure to check out her blog.